Work Permit Canada
Home > Work Permit Canada
Follow Your Dream and Work in Canada
About Work Permit In Canada
For foreign nationals who are looking for employment opportunities, Canada is their prime destination. Along with a strong and diverse economy, Canada also offers a high standard of workplace safety, market-competitive wages, professional growth, and development. Furthermore, working in Canada is the first step for people who are looking for permanent residency in Canada.
Types of Canada Work Permit
While you are applying for a work permit, you have to check which work permit visa is right for you. There are two types of permits:
Employer-Specific Work Permit
Foreign nationals who want to work in Canada are most likely to obtain a closed work permit with or without Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). It is also known as an employer-specific work permit or closed work permit. In this work permit, foreign nationals have to work according to the conditions or limitations of the permit. As per this permit, the employee is bound with the employer and can only work for one employer and in one position.
Limitations For an Employer-Specific Work Permit
This work permit allows employees to work according to the conditions mentioned on the work permit. It includes:
- Employers’ name for whom you can work
- Duration for the job period for which you can work for the employer
- Location of the workplace (if applicable)
Before you submit the application for a closed work permit, an employer who is hiring you needs to complete certain steps and either submit a copy of LMIA or an offer of employment number that will be included in the application.
Open Work Permit Canada
In open work permit, the employee can work for any employer in Canada except for the one who is:
- Entitled as ineligible and are on the list of employers who has disobeyed the rules
- Frequently offer striptease, escort services, massages, or erotic dance
- One can acquire an open work permit in explicit circumstances
Canada Work Permit Eligibility Requirements
To apply for any work permit, one has to meet specific eligibility requirements. You must:
- Prove to an officer that as soon as your work permit expires, you will leave Canada
- Show that you have enough resources that you can pay expenses of yourself and any family member during your stay in Canada
- Have no criminal record and will obey the Canadian law
- Not be dangerous for the security of Canada
- Have a medical exam and should be in good health condition
- Not plan to work with any employer who is listed as an illegible
- Not work with any employer who offers striptease, escort services, massages, or erotic dance
- Provide any other documents required by the officer to prove that you can enter Canada
How to Apply For Work Permit Canada?
You can apply for a work permit in Canada while you are in Canada, or outside Canada, or have arrived at the Canadian port. You just have to ensure which option is suitable for you. Moreover, you can either apply for the work permit online or by paper. But have to make sure that you have all the required documents.
Not sure about which work permit is more suitable for you or how to apply or which documents are required? Contact Growing Pathways Immigration and our expert consultant will help you with the eligibility requirements, documents, and application.