function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'G-469DD4MFG7');

Family/Spousal Sponsorship Canada

Home > Family/Spousal Sponsorship Canada

Keeping families together.

Spousal/Family Sponsorship

Family/Spousal Sponsorship is a way how Canadian permanent resident or citizen can sponsor their family or partner to come to Canada and live with them. To keep family together is of utmost importance in Canada, and that’s why family/spousal Sponsorship is given top priority.

Family/Spouse Visa Canada Requirements

Before you can even apply for the sponsorship, you have to check whether you are eligible to apply or not. While you are applying for the sponsorship, you must:

  • Be at least 18 years old
  • Be a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident or must be registered in Canada as an Indian under Canadian Indian Act
    • If you are a Canadian citizen but living outside Canada, you must show that you will be moving and living in Canada once that person you are about to sponsor becomes a permanent resident.
    • You can’t sponsor anyone if you are living outside Canada regardless of you being a permanent resident.
  • Prove that you are not getting any social assistance for any reason other than any disability
  • Prove that you can fulfill the basic needs of the person whom you are sponsoring

Who you can sponsor?

While applying for the family/spousal sponsorship, you have to ensure that you can only sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, dependent children, or conjugal partner. Apart from being eligible to sponsor someone, the person whom you are sponsoring also has to be eligible for the sponsorship. To show their eligibility, they must:

  • Must have all required documents and forms
  • Provide any additional information, that might be required during the application processing, including:
    • Medical exams
    • Biometrics
    • Not be inadmissible to Canada

How to Apply for Spouse Visa Canada?

There are two types of spousal sponsorship. Inland spousal and outland spousal sponsorship. Inland sponsorship is for applicants who are staying in Canada with their spouse on a temporary status and can continue living in Canada while their application for PR is being processed. Outland sponsorship is for applicants who are living outside Canada while their application for PR is being processed. Both types of sponsorships have their own eligibility requirements that need to be met before applying.

In family/spousal sponsorship two types of applications need to be submitted simultaneously:

  • One for you to become a sponsor
  • Second for your spouse, partner, or child to apply for permanent residence in Canada

While applying for the family/spousal sponsorship, you must follow these 4 steps:

  • Get the application package
  • Pay the application fee
  • Submit your application
  • Send additional information during the application processing

You have to ensure that while you are applying for the family/spousal sponsorship you have attached all the required documents, and have followed the process else your application might get rejected. If you have any confusion or queries regarding the application process, feel free to contact us. Our experienced consultant will assist you with the entire process.

Scroll to Top